The Breeding Ground
Quoth the Raven
Name: Gabriel (no surname given)
AKA: Mr. Leather, Raina's little leather friend, a pain in the ass, one sick kitty
Race: Lycanthrope (leopard)
Age: Mid-twenties (estimation)
Affiliation: The Blooddrinkers Clan
Title: Lion Passant
Created by: Elizabeth
Gabriel's hair is cut just above his collar, curly to the point of being like fur (or pubic hair??). He has defined eyebrows over dark grey eyes, with very sensual features. He has thick hair on his chest as well. He has been seen wearing many earrings in his ears and also has his nipples pierced (left in Lunatic Cafe, right in the Killing Dance) and his bellybutton pierced. Whatever else he has pierced has not been discussed or seen. His teeth are pointed from too much time in lycanthrope form. He is most often seen in black leather.
In his Leopard form, Gabriel is sleek and black with the same strange gray eyes.
The Lunatic Café
Chapters 11 & 12
- Gabriel first appears at the Lunatic Café for a meeting of the lycanthropes about Anita's involvement in solving the lycanthrope disappearances that have been troubling Marcus and the other were-leaders. He is with Elizabeth, his maker and lover. He seems to have a dislike for humans (and their help).
- After Anita kills Alfred, Gabriel makes a show of licking the blood. He is not afraid that Anita will shoot him. In fact, he almost wants it. He looks at her with a look of pure fucking.
- Gabriel vocalizes Anita's doubt of Marcus' protection and openly challenges Marcus, but he plays it off. Apparently they've had the conversation before. Only Raina's stepping in stops another conflict from happening before Anita.
- Gabriel offers warm blood to Marcus, tempting the man, trying to get him to feed. Marcus says they are not animals who feed on the dead, Gabriel argues this.
- Anita finds out from Rafael that unless a dominant steps in, Elizabeth would change then and there. He tells her that Gabriel would not step in because he enjoys it. The Rat King goes on to explain that Gabriel and Elizabeth started the frenzy. Only Marcus could control the lycanthropes and force them not to change.
- While talking to Jean-Claude about her engagement to Richard, Raina, Gabriel, Kasper Gunderson, and Robert come into his office at Guilty Pleasures. They want to petition Jean-Claude for vampires for their films (and also put up an offer to Jean-Claude to join the films).
- It is in this chapter that we are first properly introduced to Gabriel's masochism. He allows Anita to shove a knife deep into his chest, nearly making it to his heart before he rolls off her.
Chapters 33 & 34
- Later in the book, Anita asks Richard to round her up some muscle so she can go and interrogate George Smitz about the whereabouts of his wife. Raina and Gabriel come along.
- Apparently, Gabriel spent the entire car ride teasing Ronnie. She gets angry and orders him to stop (more like threatens). He does what Anita says, but he pushes her boundaries, of course.
- Gabriel reveals the reason why he agreed to help Raina: the pack will owe him a favor. Raina called him because he is intimidating.
- Anita realizes where she's seen Gabriel's eyes before. He was one of the leads in a snuff film showing a girl being killed that Edward showed her earlier. She lies when he asks however, telling him she recognized his eyes from the zoo. He knows she lied, but he leaves it at that.
- Gabriel and Raina decide to come through the back door to George Smitz's house, but they agree to stay in the background.
- Gabriel learns that George does not have Jason or any of the other missing lycanthropes.
- Anita doesn't tell Edward that it was Gabriel in the snuff film, but if another film surfaces, she'd have to report it to him.
The Killing Dance
- After a message from a very panicked Steven, Richard and Anita go to the farmhouse where the pornography films are shot. Anita finds Raina, Gabriel, Steven, and Gregory working on a film of their own. Steven is screaming and crying. Gabriel is holding him down.
- Gabriel once again taunts Anita, telling her that she's perfect for anyone who is a masochist and looking to die, which apparently he is, at least on the first count.
- As Anita tries to take Steven away, Gabriel moves to stop her, but Raina holds him back. In fact, Raina twice in this chapter pulls Gabriel back from Anita when he really wants to press her buttons.
- Louie explains to Anita that Gabriel's alliance is with Raina and thus Marcus. If there was a shifter war, the leopards would have fought against Richard and his allies.
Chapters 42 & 43
- After being attacked by Cassandra, Anita wakes up tied in an unfamiliar bed. Gabriel walks in. Anita realizes she at the farm where they make the pornographic movies. After Anita bites her hard enough to draw blood, Raina allows Gabriel to step in and punish her.
- Cassandra reveals that Gabriel and Raina want Anita in one of their films. During the entire conversation between Cassandra, Anita, and Raina, Gabriel lays across Anita's body, just staring up at her face, waiting for the filming to start.
- Gabriel, after Cassandra leaves, tells Anita the story of how he was made. Elizabeth and he had sex; he asked her to change during it. She was afraid that she would kill him, and he almost died, but he claims it was the best sex he'd ever had.
- To by herself some time, Anita tells Gabriel he is too tall for the scene; they cannot see Anita on camera. They decide to hang Anita from the ceiling instead.
- Anita convinces Gabriel to give her a knife by promising to try and kill him while they are filming. He is excited by the idea and agrees but never tells Raina of his plans. Since his encounter with Elizabeth, he hasn't been close to death. He knows that Anita can give him this.
- The filming starts. Gabriel and Anita dance around the main event. Anita finally gets her blade into his stomach, but he is too fast and stops her from doing irreparable damage. When Gabriel lowers his guard, Anita shoves her thumbs into Gabriel's eye sockets. His claws dig into her buttocks, making scars she'll bare for the rest of her life. She draws the large sword from her back and shoves the blade through him. He dies, knife holding up his dead body in a strange parody of life.
Summation of Appearances
- Anita learns that Gabriel was pimping out the leopards. He protected them from any true harm, however, he still allowed their prostitution to go on. Zane is his successor within the pard. However, he is not able to hold the pard the way Gabriel was.
- Irving tells Anita that Raina used the films to punish members of the pack that disobeyed, including Sylvie, who is the leader while Richard it out of town. She hates the leopards and holds a grudge against Gabriel for the filming of her rape.
Quoth the Raven
The Lunatic Café
The Killing Dance